P R E & P O S T C A R E
Booked in? Ready to take the plunge? Take a quick look at how to prepare leading up to your microblading appointment and the proper care you will need to follow through with afterwards.
- Bring along any reference photos if you have an ideal brow shape or colour in mind. While we generally will work around your natural brow as much as possible it helps us get on the same page.
- If you fill in your brows on a day-to-day basis, come with them filled in so we can take into consideration the shape you desire.
- If you normally have your brows shaped and waxed, please book to have this done at least 3 days before your appointment.
- Avoid tanning beds or any sun exposure for 30 DAYS before and after. Any hot vacations need to be avoided for 14 days after the procedure and great precaution must be taken to keep the brows protected in the sun. We will not work on sunburnt skin and any sunburns post-treatment will cause the skin to shed prematurely and result in the loss of pigment.
- It is required that you avoid any blood-thinning medication for a minimum 72 hours prior to your appointment. This includes Vitamin E, Aspirin, Niacin, fish oil supplements and Ibuprofen.
- No alcohol the night before or the day of your appointment and it is recommended that you limit the amount of caffeine you consume.
- You MUST wait at least one year before considering this procedure if you have been on prescription Accutane.
- Immediately following your procedure you will need to begin applying aftercare balm to your brows 2-3 times per day for the next week. Never let your brows feel tight or completely dry as hydration is key.
- Flaking and crusting will occur as the skin heals. You will need to refrain from touching your brows during this time as picking at them may cause a loss of pigment and scarring.
- You will not be able to use any makeup in your brow area during the initial healing time.
- During the healing process you will need to avoid direct water on the brow area. Also, avoid pools, jacuzzis, excess-sweating, saunas and botox for a minimum of 10 days.
- No tanning or direct sun exposure for 10 days. Avoid up to the next 30 days if possible.
- Any facial products containing Retin-A, AHA or any kind of skin peel may not be used, as they will fade and possibly distort the procedure area.
- Sun block should always be applied. (SPF 60 is recommended). As well, a hat and/or sunglasses should be worn for the first few days if sun exposure is longer than 30 minutes.
- You will be able to return to your daily routine immediately following the procedure.